In the academic year 2017/2018, applying for a place in the dormitory from the pool of free places will, for the first time, be held online via the Registration, like the registration for exams or classes at the University of Warsaw.
October 5, 2017, at 21:00, the registration for Student’s Dormitories of the University of Warsaw will be activated. If you apply for a place from a pool of free places, no statement of income or additional preferences will be taken into account.
Who can apply for a place from the pool of free places:
– all first and second degree students, – all students of master’s degree,
– all students of the third degree (PhD),
– all students of the MOST Program,
– all students of the Preparatory Course for Foreigners.
as long as they have not moved in to any of the dormitories of the University of Warsaw till 5 October, 2017
How to apply for a place from a pool of free places STEP BY STEP:
- Go to the Registration site: https://rejestracja.usos.uw.edu.pl and log in
- Enter: „REGISTRATION” (on the left).
- Open the „Dormitories – free places – 2017” registration.
- Enter the name of the item group „Referrals to Dormitories”.
- Choose one of the listed items you want to register for: – Dormitory No. 1 – female places – Dormitory No. 1 – male places – Dormitory No. 2 – female places – Dormitory No. 2 – male places – etc. The application in which the wrong item is selected (wrong sex) will be rejected!!!
- Select: Group 1.
- Sign up for the Dormitory. If the registration is active and the limit is not exceeded, you will see the icon “You are not registered for the class”. To register, click the shopping cart.
- If you make the registration, the icon will change to: “You are registered for the class. To unsubscribe, click the shopping cart”.
- During the registration time, having registered to the dormitory, you will be able to unsubscribe pressing the same icon .
If the registration is successful, your place in the dormitory is granted. On the next working day (October 6, 2017), you should move into the dormitory, otherwise you lose the place.
07 października 2016
The Office for Student Affairs of the University of Warsaw would like to invite all the non-EU citizens for two information meetings on legal issues concerning residence in Poland. The meetings will be conducted by representatives of International Organization for Migration – the leading intergovernmental organization specialized in migration law.
The programme of the meetings includes:
- Legalization of residence in Poland (visa, permanent residence permit)
- Differences between student visa and a temporary residence permit
- Procedure of application for a residence permit
- Taking up a job during studies
- Legalization of stay after obtaining university diploma
- Polish origin and Card of the Pole holders’ rights
The meeting conducted in English will be held on 24th of May (Wednesday) at 2.15 p.m. and the meeting conducted in Russian will be held on 26th of May (Friday) at 2.15 p.m., both in the Main Campus. The exact place will be sent via email to registered participants.
Each meeting will last approximately one hour.
Please pass this invitation to all the students who might be interested in participating in the meetings (it is addressed only to non-EU citizens).
In case of any questions please do not hesitate to contact Katarzyna Basisty, email@example.com
20 lipca 2016
Foundation Year for Social Studies, Humanities or Science in the academic year 2017/2018!
24 maja 2016
Foreign students – procedure of applying for accommodation in the academic year 2016/2017
Application for accommodation in a student dormitory must be filled in through the Student’s USOSweb account.
Application for accommodation in a student dormitory by students of higher years of studies must be filled in, printed, signed and submitted to the Stipend Committee of the university unit, either directly or through the Dean’s/Director’s office.
Students admitted to the first year of study and participants of the preparatory course in the Centre of Polish Language and Culture for Foreigners “Polonicum” shall apply for a place in a dormitory by submitting a filled in, printed and signed application to the Office for Student Affairs.
Foreign students applying for accommodation in a student dormitory do not have to attach any document confirming their financial situation. Filling in an income statement is also not required.
Students will be informed of granting/not granting a place in dormitory through their USOSweb account.
1) Submission of applications for places in student dormitories for the academic year 2016/2017:
a) current students:
May 23rd – July 1st, 2016
b) students admitted to the first year of long-cycle Master’s degree studies, first cycle studies and second cycle studies in the academic year 2016/2017 – within 10 days from gaining access to the USOSweb.
2) Allocation of places in students dormitories for the academic year 2016/2017 by the Office for Student Affairs:
a) applications submitted by current students:
July 22nd, 2016 – applications submitted by July 1st
b) applications submitted by students admitted to the first year of study in the academic year 2016/2017:
August 12th, 2016
September 9th, 2016
c) applications submitted by students admitted to the first year of study in the academic year 2016/2017 as well as students who did not get a place in dormitory during the first round of application process and reapplied through USOSweb account:
September 16th, 2016
September 28th, 2016
3) Accommodation in the student dormitories:
a) foreign students – September 15th – October 6th, 2016
b) other students – September 22nd – October 6th, 2016
18 marca 2016
New edition of language meetings SpeaKDating!
If you are fluent in English and speak at least basic Polish, you are welcome to the meetings. Please contact the The University Volunteer Center to learn more and fill out Volunteer Form: http://wolontariat.uw.edu.pl/volunteer-form/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, 30.03, 1:00PM
25 lutego 2016
It will be a unique oportunity to meet students from Poland and all over the world, to practise English and Polish.
If you are fluent in English and speak at least basic Polish, you are welcome to the meetings. Please contact the The University Volunteer Center to learn more and apply for participation: firstname.lastname@example.org