In the academic year 2019/2020, applying for a place in the dormitory from the pool of free places will be held online via the Registration, like the registration for exams or classes at the University of Warsaw.
October 7, 2019, at 20:00, the registration for Student’s Dormitories of the University of Warsaw will be activated. If you apply for a place from a pool of free places, no statement of income or additional preferences will be taken into account. [more]
05 czerwca 2019
15 maja 2019
Meet people from all over the world, learn about their countries and culture, taste foreign cuisine, and take part in multiple workshops, meetings, and debates. All in one place and one time. Visit Miasteczko na styku kultur – Cultural Hot Spot UW on Main Campus UW on May 17 and discover multicultural side of University of Warsaw!
UW Students’ Union’s Board together with Welcome Point and Volunteer Centre of the UW invite you for shared exploration of Miasteczko na styku kultur – Cultural Hot Spot UW. The event will take place on UW’s Main Campus on May 17 from 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM and will include:
– meetings with representatives of students’ organizations as well as with foreign students of UW who will present cultures of their countries (e.g. Belarus, Bhutan, China, Japan, Nigeria, Rwanda, Turkey, Spain, Ukraine, Vietnam) during workshops, displays, and conversations. Place: Main Courtyard;
– set of debates and meetings with special guests who will raise subjects such as: international voluntary service, traveler’s ethics, ways to travel. Place: Auditorium Building (Faculty of Political Science and International Studies);
– food-truck area where you will be able to taste cuisines from different corners of the world. Place: Main Courtyard.
This is the first edition of our event and, as head of the Welcome Point, Katarzyna Basisty, says: “it is the answer to needs of students who come to the University from all over the world. They want to show us their countries and cultures that shaped them. They have loads of positive energy to share so let’s learn from them!”.
At the UW there are more than 4 800 international students and PhD candidates. Ukrainians (959) and Belarusians (748) constitute the largest groups. There are also many students from Spain (310), Italy (300) and China (263).
Do you want to be up to date and learn all details of Miasteczko na styku kultur – Cultural Hot-Spot UW? Join us on Facebook.
Organizers: UW Students’ Union’s Board, Welcome Point UW, Volunteer Centre of the UW.
16 listopada 2017
Careers Services University of Warsaw invite to the workshop:
New Age of Recruitment
You will have a chance to learn how to recruit using social media and how you can build your own brand visibility on line. Come and check if what we do, may be interesting for you in career perspective! The workshop will be conducted by two English – speaking employees with EMEA recruitment experience.
Thursday, November 23, 3.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.
in the hall number 1.025 of the Faculty of Modern Languages, Dobra 55
You can register by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!
02 października 2017
In the academic year 2017/2018, applying for a place in the dormitory from the pool of free places will, for the first time, be held online via the Registration, like the registration for exams or classes at the University of Warsaw.
October 5, 2017, at 21:00, the registration for Student’s Dormitories of the University of Warsaw will be activated. If you apply for a place from a pool of free places, no statement of income or additional preferences will be taken into account.
Who can apply for a place from the pool of free places:
– all first and second degree students, – all students of master’s degree,
– all students of the third degree (PhD),
– all students of the MOST Program,
– all students of the Preparatory Course for Foreigners.
as long as they have not moved in to any of the dormitories of the University of Warsaw till 5 October, 2017
How to apply for a place from a pool of free places STEP BY STEP:
- Go to the Registration site: https://rejestracja.usos.uw.edu.pl and log in
- Enter: „REGISTRATION” (on the left).
- Open the „Dormitories – free places – 2017” registration.
- Enter the name of the item group „Referrals to Dormitories”.
- Choose one of the listed items you want to register for: – Dormitory No. 1 – female places – Dormitory No. 1 – male places – Dormitory No. 2 – female places – Dormitory No. 2 – male places – etc. The application in which the wrong item is selected (wrong sex) will be rejected!!!
- Select: Group 1.
- Sign up for the Dormitory. If the registration is active and the limit is not exceeded, you will see the icon “You are not registered for the class”. To register, click the shopping cart.
- If you make the registration, the icon will change to: “You are registered for the class. To unsubscribe, click the shopping cart”.
- During the registration time, having registered to the dormitory, you will be able to unsubscribe pressing the same icon .
If the registration is successful, your place in the dormitory is granted. On the next working day (October 6, 2017), you should move into the dormitory, otherwise you lose the place.
07 października 2016
The Office for Student Affairs of the University of Warsaw would like to invite all the non-EU citizens for two information meetings on legal issues concerning residence in Poland. The meetings will be conducted by representatives of International Organization for Migration – the leading intergovernmental organization specialized in migration law.
The programme of the meetings includes:
- Legalization of residence in Poland (visa, permanent residence permit)
- Differences between student visa and a temporary residence permit
- Procedure of application for a residence permit
- Taking up a job during studies
- Legalization of stay after obtaining university diploma
- Polish origin and Card of the Pole holders’ rights
The meeting conducted in English will be held on 24th of May (Wednesday) at 2.15 p.m. and the meeting conducted in Russian will be held on 26th of May (Friday) at 2.15 p.m., both in the Main Campus. The exact place will be sent via email to registered participants.
Each meeting will last approximately one hour.
Please pass this invitation to all the students who might be interested in participating in the meetings (it is addressed only to non-EU citizens).
In case of any questions please do not hesitate to contact Katarzyna Basisty, email@example.com