Transfer from another institution

Print This Page Print This Page

Transfer from another institution (Polish or foreign) to the University of Warsaw is possible for a student who has completed the first year of studies and satisfied the obligations of the home institution.

  • Citizens of Poland and foreigners pursuing studies in compliance with the rules of applicable to Polish nationals:
  • The decision shall be made by the dean of chosen faculty
  • Detailed requirements are determined by the faculty council and approved by the Senate
  • Non-Polish citizens pursuing studies on terms different than applicable to Polish nationals:
  • decision is made by the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs and Quality of Teaching and Learning
  • documents that should be attached to the letter of request to the Vice-Rector:
  • transcript of records with a confirmation of a current study term completion
  • an approval for the transfer issued by the home university
  • dean of chosen faculty approval for the transfer

(detailed requirements for the transfer shall be determined by the dean)

  • a copy of passport or ID card, as well as document of legalisation of stay within the territory of Poland
  • some faculties may require additional documents (such as a covering letter)

programmes in English at University of Warsaw

tuition fees

Admissions Office