Transfer from another institution (Polish or foreign) to the University of Warsaw is possible for a student who has completed the first year of studies. The application is to be submitted to the Vice-Dean for Student Affairs at the Faculty to which a student wishes to transfer to. Next, the student’s application along with the opinion of the Vice-Dean for Student Affairs is delivered to the Vice-Rector for Student Affairs and Quality of Teaching and Learning who makes the decision.
Documents that should be attached to the letter of request*:
- a transcript of records with a confirmation of a current study term completion;
- a document of legalisation of stay within the territory of Poland;
- a document accepted or issued by the University of Warsaw confirming proficiency in English language (at least B2 level) – applies to studies conducted in English;
- a document accepted by the University of Warsaw confirming proficiency in Polish language (at least B2 level); the Polish language skills can also be verified during an exam or an interview if such is organized – applies to studies conducted in Polish;
- some faculties may require additional documents.
* all documents are to be translated by a sworn translator into Polish (when applying for the transfer to studies conducted in Polish) or English (when applying for the transfer to studies conducted in English).